17 May 2013 | 4 comments
- Remember Creamsicle, a pairing created from a viral Tumblr meme that asserted that some girls are better than others? There’s another, anime fandom-specific one. Above, meet my new OTP.
- Star Wars drawn in an ornate, baroque style. Balloonist Boba Fett is the best one.
- The Tangles explains why you need to get on the Chihayafuru train, like, stat.
- Patches is giving a version of our Sexism and Anime panel at Anime Boston 2013 and you should go. I totally would be there, but I have to get married! I know, lame.
- A brief, incomplete, and mostly wrong history of programming languages. This is fantastic. I’ll start you off with the beginning:
1801 – Joseph Marie Jacquard uses punch cards to instruct a loom to weave “hello, world” into a tapestry. Redditers of the time are not impressed due to the lack of tail call recursion, concurrency, or proper capitalization.
(Illustration via ihomicide.)