Otaku Links: By the numbers
- Where does anime originate? As a manga, game, or original concept? One redditor provided some sweet infographics to r/anime.
- Had a pretty in-depth conversation about the meaning of “otaku” on Twitter and Tumblr this week. Are you an otaku? Why or why not?
- I always am alarmed at the low number of women in comics, but it’s just as bad for minorities. Just 2.4% of writers at Marvel and DC COMBINED are black.
- I love meta-fandom. Jennifu is creating adorable human personifications for all our favorite anime distributors.
- Via Tony: How a sportswriter got his fandom back. I think this is a conscious effort for anybody who writes about the thing they love for a living.
- All the lights in the school are stars: Kill La Kill and visual imagery. A simple yet poignant post on Kill La Kill’s most well-known visual motif.
- Remember when I redesigned Otaku Journalist through a local installation of WordPress? People ask me how to do this but I never had a REALLY good tutorial for it… until now. Treehouse’s tut is straight to the point.
(Infographic via findingmadoka.)