- I don’t drink a lot of whisky but I finally found one I like, and Ink asked me to review it for Drunken Otaku. Considering my favorite wine costs $10, I’m not surprised it’s a cheap one.
- Speaking of drinking, check out these Yuri!!! on Ice inspired cocktails. I love that it includes a non-alcoholic mocktail inspired by the underage Yurio.
- Speaking of speaking of drinking, Emily’s Cooking with Anime column published its first drink recipe, a revenge cocktail inspired by Lupin the Third.
- Remember Shazaam, the ’90s genie movie starring Sinbad? A lot of redditors do, even though the movie never existed. Maybe they’re thinking of Kazaam? (They say no.)
- Got that last link plus the YoI cocktails link from The Rec Center, my favorite fandom and fanfic focused newsletter. You should read it because I don’t usually take all of Otaku Links from it!
- Polygon covers anime now—guess that op/ed last week wasn’t just a fluke. This week they covered Crunchyroll’s top anime by country in 2016. I haven’t even seen North America’s fav!
- This translation of an interview with Yuri!!! on Ice character designer Mitsuro Kubo is full of fantastic details, including that Kubo and director Sayo Yamamoto came up with the story while cooking! HT @alltsun_nodere.
Photo by GW Fins on Flickr