Otaku Links: Zombies and other tropes
- Japanese anime fans are growing tired of these tropes. I think Madoka Magica is totally out of place on this list.
- Here’s an interview with me at GoBoiano. Nelson is a saint for putting up with the two weeks it took me to answer all these questions!
- Have you heard about the Hawkeye Initiative? Artists are drawing Hawkeye in ridiculous female action poses to point out how impossible they are. The amazing Aja breaks down the many iterations of this meme.
- One of the only columns I read regularly is Bullish by Jen Dziura—no-nonsense career and life advice for women. She just put out The Best of Bullish 2012 which spans everything from starting a business to investing in startups.
- I really liked what Australian journalist Rachel Hills had to say about writing in the first person. Namely, that it makes her feel uncomfortable and inauthentic. I definitely struggle with how much of myself to share on this blog.
- This week I finally finished watching Star Trek: The Next Generation. I mostly agreed with Lisa’s picks for the seven best episodes of all time.
- In my opinion, ZombiU is the scariest survival-horror game since the early Resident Evil games. It could even be a spiritual successor to Condemned (since Condemned 2 definitely wasn’t). Check out Polygon’s spoiler-free review.
Thanks for reading. Stay tuned for Monday, when I announce a new feature for Otaku Journalist!
(Image via Safebooru)