22 March 2013 | 2 comments
- Destructoid published an unsettling article about why, in 2013, female leads in video games are few and far between:
“We wanted to be able to tease on Nilin’s private life, and that means for instance, at one point, we wanted a scene where she was kissing a guy. We had people tell us, ‘You can’t make a dude like the player kiss another dude in the game, that’s going to feel awkward.’
- It’s March, and you know what that means! Time for
March Madness The Fantasy Anime League! Everyone selects shows from the upcoming season and watches as they meet (or miss) certain criteria.
- Here’s a blog post that’s been going viral in the journalism blogosphere: Why I left news. Allyson’s story poignantly covers the most rewarding and frustrating aspects of the field.
- Local readers, if you’re not yet reading DC Geeks, you should get on that. Every Monday they publish The Week In Geek, a list of fun and nerdy things to do around the district.
- Finally, here’s a heads up for next week: On Monday, I’m releasing the fourth guide in my journalism how-to series—Effective interview techniques. Just like the others, it’ll be free! Come back and check it out!
(Illustration via FanPop.)