Otaku Links: why you should watch Psycho Pass
- One of my top five anime of 2012 was Psycho Pass, a Philip K. Dickian sci-fi thriller. This Kotaku review does a good job summing up the first half of the series.
- In the first chapter of my e-course, I argue that transparency is more important than objectivity. Here’s a good New York Times opinion piece about this once-controversial assertion: When Reporters Get Personal.
- The Unbelievable Wretchedness of Mainstream TV’s “Nerd Episodes“—i09’s list of poorly researched episodes that would make any geek cringe.
- The 10 largest anime conventions of 2012. I had no idea that Katsucon, a local Maryland convention, was this big!
- Reader Lawrence Brenner tipped me off to this FastCo article: 5 Comics/Transmedia Trends to Watch in 2013.
- I was really impressed with this college student’s ebook on affordable traveling in Japan for anime fans. Found via @animeresearch on Twitter.
- And finally, here’s what happened when a redditor morphed a bunch of anime faces together from over the years. I agree with the top commenter: all the male faces look like Gundam characters to me.
(Screenshot via AngryAnimeBitches)